Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Helping Mommy mop the floor


Yesterday was the first time I tried to do mopping while Benji was awake - it actually went really well! I used to just do chores when he was asleep, but now that he's getting older and not sleeping as much, it's getting harder! Plus pregnant Momma wants to take a break when he's sleeping. :)

I think I have discovered the way to get him to cooperate when I need to do chores - involve him as much as possible. He has always been fine with me vacuuming (he gets the vacuum in and out of the closet for me), dusting (he has his own dust rag to help), watering the plants (his job is to show Mommy where all the inside plants are), and folding laundry (his job is to sit in the laundry basket and pretend it's a boat). Mopping the kitchen floor yesterday was a success because he had his own mop (see the picture), and he imitated my motions. However, he HATES it when I cook - and I think the reason is that his role is limited because cooking involves hot pans and sharp knives. However, I'm going to try to think of a way to involve him (maybe stand next to the counter on his stool and play with chopped up veggies?).

(By the way, in case you're worried about Benji being exposed to chemicals - or maybe that's just Mommy's job - I use vinegar and water to clean all our floors. It works like a charm!)

No comments: