Monday, December 08, 2008

Benji's priorities

Today I asked Benji on the way home from gymnastics if he wants to stick with gymnastics next semester or switch back to the music class. He told me, "Gymnastics has suckers. I'll stay with gymnastics." Great - sugar is the motivational point of gymnastics for him. (They give them suckers at the end of each class, which I don't even understand since gymnastics is fun in its' own right - no need to bribe with sugar for fun activities, leave that for the NOT fun things - like shots.)

Then later in the evening we were saying what we wanted to thank God for in our evening prayers. Benji listed all the Christmas paraphernalia (tree, Christmas eve, stockings, toys, etc.). Shearn Yoong asked him, "You know Christmas isn't just about presents, right?" He answered honestly, "Yes it is."

We obviously have instilled great moral values into our children. Imitate us.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Benji and my girls are on the same wavelength with suckers..they had like 3 at the bank today. Sorry...but the Christmas gifts comment has me LOL!