Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Tinkle and Three-Phrase Morning Routine

We've weaned Zac off diapers for a while now, but we're getting somewhat regular bed-wetting accidents that we decided we just need to wake Zac up ourselves to go to the bathroom.

Since I get up very early for work, part of my morning routine now would be to carry a sleepy little boy to the bathroom, let him empty his bladder, and carry him back. After laying him down, I would always hear these three phrases coming from a sleepy little voice:

"I love you, dad"
"Goodbye, dad"
"Have fun, dad"

Oh, that just makes me want to jump back in bed and snuggle the little dude! Those three phrases just made the morning routines worthwhile!!

1 comment:

fredfred said...

That lil'story made me smile today! keep being a good dad