Monday, August 29, 2005

Twona what?

Okay, once people start visiting this blog, we probably will get a question about the name "twona". What in the world is "twona" you ask? So, we'll be proactive and answer that for you before you even ask. Yes, you're welcome.

A long time ago, when I became a Christian, I felt like I needed a better email address than the one I had at that time (carnage_thanos). Suffice to say, that email address wouldn't represent a proper Christian belief (how in the world I came up with "carnage_thanos" is a whole different story). I wanted to be creative, so after a few hits and misses, I settled on "tunafish". Of course, it was already taken, and I really thought "tunafish" was cool and I wanted to use it so bad. Just then the story of Jesus feeding five thousand with five loaves of bread and two fish came to my mind. Granted it was not recorded anywhere in history that the two fish were tuna fish, but it was too good to be true, I could replace "tu" with "two" and still sound alike. Way cool..... I'm now the proud owner of the email address, "twona_fish".

Not too long after we're married, Laurel thought we should at least identify ourselves as belonging to one and the same family. She thought "twona_fish" was pretty cute, so she came up with "mrs_twona_fish" for herself. And now with Benjamin, she gave him the name "lil_twona_fish". You see the progression there? Yup, virtually everyone in this household have "twona" in their blood now, and we're sure the next kid will have it too. So why waste time thinking of another name for the blog when we can use what we already have?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just thought this post was cute..as my name is Twona :)

Have a great week

Twona Wright
browneyedpoetess@hotmail.com