Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Nesting


I am now 10 1/2 weeks pregnant and am already wearing maternity clothes! As evidenced by the picture to the right, what I heard about showing early the 2nd time around is definitely true. I didn't show nearly this early last time with Benji.

I have been really tired thus far - sleeping every chance I get, but the last two days I have been able to get by with no nap. This is wonderful! Benji-boy is a great companion, but I can get SO much more done with him sleeping for a short while.

A phenomenom called nesting often happens during the 2nd trimester, and it seems to have gotten ahold of me. Basically nesting is when the expectant mother finally has more energy in the 2nd trimester and begins to get serious about getting ready for the new baby - i.e. preparing the baby's room, cleaning house, reorganizing closets, etc. Well, since this is the second baby, there is no baby room decoration (actually, Benji didn't get much of this either, poor little guy), but I have been reorganizing closets, cutting through the clutter, and cleaning bathrooms. It feels great!

Of course, eventually the 3rd trimester will come, and by then I'll be so big I won't have much energy left. So this is the time to do all those things that should have been done months ago but I just never got around to.

No comments: