Sunday, April 05, 2009

Check Out My Woman - The Half Marathon Runner

So all the training over the last 3/4 months came to this - Laurel's inaugural half marathon, together with good friends Kristin and Britni. They finished the race!!!! Yay!!!!

Here's me and the boys cheering them on.


Look at them go. Hardly breaking a sweat.

Tackling one of 'em killer hills. No problemo.

(Rocky soundtrack as the background) The triumph of finishing the run!

Laurel did it, and I'm so proud of her! Congrats, sweetie!

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Look how happy you look crossing the finish line?!?! I ran a 5K once last year--with no training--and kept having to stop to walk because I though I might die otherwise. 5k felt a lot longer than it sounded! Good job, Laurel!

Laurel said...

Thanks for the kind words sweetie. Thanks for letting me go run on all those weekends.

Laurel said...

Ashley - no training? Even running a mile without working up to it will be tough (for me at least) but if you just train a little bit, it's amazing how quickly your body will adjust.