Sunday, May 25, 2008

What do you do when you're camping and it starts to rain?

You go driving. And when it stops raining 30 minutes later, what do you do? You get gas and let your son help - he's ecstatic.

If only he could pay too!

Then what do you do? You eat lunch at Sonic and both of your sons think it's the best food ever.

The ice cream cone purchased there was probably on the list of the top 3 things Benji enjoyed on his 2 night camping trip.

Despite our little car trip due to the rain, the rest of the weekend was wonderful. It was my first experience doing a hike-in camp site (though only a short hike - 1/4 mile). Benji didn't complain hiking back and forth several times a day - a big surprise. We enjoyed the added privacy the site provided, with no neighbors too close by. The biggest hit was definitely playing in the nearby creek (Lee Creek). The boys would literally sit and throw rocks into the creek for HOURS. Those of you with daughters, do girls do this? Personally I never remember being so obsessed with rock-throwing. But perhaps there are girls out there with the same passion. And Benji learned to skip rocks this weekend, which I was pretty impressed at because I only mastered that skill this weekend too... and I'm 28. However, like I said, I did not have a huge rock-throwing career in my past. I guess that my skills will drastically improve the next few years being the only female in our family. It was hot (in fact, too hot for May if you ask me) so we went swimming as well. I can see that we'll be spending a lot of time in the water this summer, as it seems to be a place where everybody is happy. Here is a picture of Zachary, the serious rock thrower because after all, throwing rocks is serious business.

No comments: