Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Away from Home...

So last week was the first time I’m away from my family for a considerable amount of time – Tuesday till Friday noon. Work-related trip to New Jersey. I wasn’t looking forward to being away from my loved ones so long, and I was right. It’s funny how things change. When I used to be single, I would think it’s the coolest thing to be able to travel for work. I’ve dreamed of landing myself a job that would regularly take me across continents from time to time.

Not that I hate traveling now, I still love to be able to travel. It’s just that I have a different perspective now. Intellectually, I foreknew it would be a drag to have to leave your family behind for a period of time, but nothing prepares you for the reality of it. I never quite realized the power of the family bond. And I’m grateful for that. I’d rather have that than to feel like I finally am able to get away from my family for once. I’m a sucker for my wife and kid, and I’m proud of it.

No comments: