Saturday, June 24, 2006

Organizing mood

Benji went to bed early tonight (7:40 p.m.) and Shearn Yoong was at Bible study, so I was looking around for things to do. It's rare that I am in an organizing mood, but tonight was one of those nights.

We bought a new set of pots and pans a few days ago. All of our previous pots and pans are hand-me-downs or the ones Shearn Yoong bought at Wal-Mart FOB (fresh off the boat, or airplane in his case) from Malaysia in 1998. We will keep them as Benji's toys - he makes a delicious alphabet soup. However, now we have shiny, new ones that beg for something delicious to be cooked in them.

Only one problem - all of our cupboards were full of OTHER things. Well, almost two hours later, I am happy to report that everything has its place, I threw a few things away, and all the cupboards close without a problem. Mission accomplished!

I have not had the energy to nest with this pregnancy like I did with Benji's pregnancy (keeping up with a toddler is hard work!). I still have one more week of the 2nd trimester - maybe I'll have a sudden energy spurt. Our house would be very grateful if that happened!

No comments: