Saturday, January 06, 2007

A little less Christmas cheer

Yes, I know. Christmas was over a week ago. Well, I just have to talk about it.

We have some species of pine tree growing in our front yard. Traditionally, we would decorate it with lights every year to spread some Christmas cheer around the neighborhood. This year we did the same, though we were one of only two houses on our streets with lights outside. After Christmas day, I didn't have the lights turned on at nights and today was the day I had some time to take the lights down. As I was taking the lights down, I saw I was missing a red light bulb. Then another..... and another..... and I was thinking, "what in the world?!"


True enough, one strand of my red lights was missing about half the bulbs. Picture above is showing only half the missing bulbs. The other half is on the other side. Why in the world would anyone wants to steal light bulbs?! I mean, if you needed bulbs, I could have bought you all the bulbs you need. You'll have some many bulbs, you'd have bulbs coming out of your ears! I am not upset that someone stole my stuff, I'm upset that someone would steal something as inconsequential as light bulbs! I mean, what has become of our society today? I wonder about the person who stole the bulbs. What is he going to do with them? eBay 'em? Brag to his friends, "hey dudes, check out the bulbs!"? Whatever it is, I hope he'd do something useful with them at least. If not, I hope he'd wake up one day and say, "why did I do such a stupid thing?" and quit this silly childishness.

Merry belated Christmas to him.... maybe her...... maybe them.... who cares?

No comments: