Saturday, April 07, 2007

I miss you!

Oh, Benji just melted both his parents' hearts this evening. All afternoon, Laurel was away for a hair appointment and to visit her good friend who came up for the weekend. Zachary, naturally, tagged along with mommy. By the time they got back it was probably around 7.30-ish. The very first thing Benji said was, "Hello Zachary! I miss you!" Oh, that just melted both our hearts as parents. Never mind the fact that he didn't mention that he missed his mommy (we've grown accustomed to that by now. Ever since Zachary was born, we have been displaced in Benji's book of most important people!)

Later he climbed up the ottoman and asked to hold Zachary. As he was lying across his brother's laps, Zachary being Zachary, his head was turning everywhere looking around. Benji held Zac's head, turned it towards his face and said, "Look at me! Look at me!" I guess he picked up on that from us. We always have to tell Benji to look us in the eyes whenever we lectured him.

It would be so awesome if both brothers can grow up being very close. That is something both Laurel and I pray about often.

No comments: