Thursday, November 15, 2007

Anybody weary of the whining of a 3 year old?

I know there must be others like me out there, who just really feel like you can't listen to another whiny word or you will implode. Or maybe it's just me. Here's a verse God showed me today that has given me some encouragement:

"Let us not become weary in doing good, [even when the recipient isn't deserving] for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up. [Oh, you mean I can't just give up?? Today I was definitely tempted. Harvest? I am DEFINITELY ready for some harvest.] Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all people, especially to those who belong to the family of believers [especially my own family, specifically a certain 3 year old who will go unnamed]." (italics are my own comments added) - Galatians 6:9-10

Anybody who is having a better day than me and reads this, I'd love some prayers for patience and that my eyes will be focused on the harvest.

1 comment:

A follower of Christ who is still under construction. said...

Hi Laurel,
I'm sorry that your boy is giving you a hard time. I' going through that now but she is not 3 she is 9 months old. I sure hope to reap my harvest before she turns 2. Samuel never gave me a hard time so I sure hope Zachary will be a little different. What I do a lot is ask God "Please give me peace" and He does. I know for sure God is listening to my prayers and is with me all day. I hope that gives you some encouragement. With Samuel I was able to connect and he understood that I was trying to help him feel better but my little girl... I think she just wants me to do her way I guess she believes she knows what is best for her not me.