Thursday, February 12, 2009

Comments that make it all worthwhile

The process of getting a child to go to sleep by themselves in their own bed AND stay there all night is a very long process. Benji is there and has been for awhile. Zachary not so much.

Currently one of us (normally Mommy) lies down with Zac until he's asleep - occasionally he is fine with me sitting in the hallway and knitting or reading (that way he can still see me). Since Zac and Benji now share a room, Benji has started requesting me lie down with him for a few minutes too. It's a nice time to snuggle, so that's been fine with me. Two nights ago, when I was lying down with Benji, he told me, "When you lie down with me or take me on dates, I feel so special." As you can imagine, my heart melted right then and there.

1 comment:

~cjoy said...

That is so precious. I love the spontaneous loving remarks my daughter is starting to make.

And, having just turned 4, we are still trying to get her to fall and stay asleep in her own bed ALL night. Some nights are great, some not at all. We're tightening the belt now...boy, it's work. :)