Friday, August 21, 2009

The bare necessities

Yesterday afternoon was less than perfect - for a variety of reasons which don't need to be re-hashed here. However, it got me thinking... what are "essential" for me to have a "good day?" Of course, I realize that I live in a first world country, which means my day is filled with luxury, so I really should just shut up and be grateful... that being said....

Essentials that I need in my day to make it a "good day":

1) a cup of coffee
2) some silence in the day (too much noise is just not good for me)
3) a few moments of prayer (even if it's a few minutes here and a few minutes there)
4) a short rest period mid-afternoon (again, only a few minutes is necessary but it's vital)

Now, for other things that are not essential but still VERY nice:

1) a glass of wine
2) Bible reading time
3) exercise of some sort

Now, if anybody still reads this blog (which is debatable due to our lack of posting), I'd love to hear what are your "essential" list and your "very nice to have" list.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's a good question, I don't even know what makes a good day for me. I need to give it more thought.

Unknown said...

I think my good days are when Nathan is less clinging and he could just handle playing by himself... and I could carry out my chores :). The day could be better if I get time off to myself and daddy could babysit him for few good hours.. hahah..