Monday, August 24, 2009

Don't worry

Two nights ago I was late coming home for dinner because I spent the afternoon with my mom. The boys went ahead and ate without me. So I sat down to eat by myself once I arrived home, asking if either of the kids wanted to join me to keep me company. Zac was too busy playing with toys, but Benji said he'd come sit with me. But after a few minutes, he thought of some pressing concern that he needed to attend to (probably involving toys as well), so he told me, "I'm going to go, but don't worry - God will be with you." And let me tell you, God was a great dinner companion that evening! :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hhahah.. cute!

Anonymous said...

That's very cute. I remember once we stayed with you guys on a Thursday night and on Friday morning you, Jill and the boys went to play group and I stayed back at your house and Benji said to me "Uncle Ryan, although you are here by yourself you are not alone because God and Jesus are with you". It made me smile!
-Ryan

nectarine_girl said...

Thanks for the words Laurel. People do say all sorts of things. I love the way you talk about wine and exercise. Don Miller talks about the bible not being a salad book but a wine and chocolate book. I find that infinitely encouraging.