Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Observations from the mall

My lovely mother took care of the boys this morning to let me get a run in and also do some errands by myself. Lots of in and out, which is just more fun without two kids in tow. (Plus I'm sure they had more fun swimming and going to the park than getting in and out of the car with me.) One of the stops was the mall. It's been awhile since I've been to the mall and several things stuck out to me:

1) I am just too old to shop at some stores. I perused Forever 21 and Charlotte Russe and did not find a single item that looked good on me. Yes, I'm technically still in my 20's until next year, but I guess it's just too far above 21 to work for me.

2) Why does Abercrombie and Fitch feel it necessary to pump so much cologne into their store that it causes that entire wing of the mall to stink??

3) I do not know why people bring kids (sometimes many kids) shopping with them to the mall and expect to have fun and/or actually do shopping. I see a lot of people stressed out. I guess this is why I don't make it very often... but when I do go, it's a pleasurable experience.

Okay, enough thoughts about the mall... off to get something actually accomplished!

No comments: