Wednesday, September 02, 2009

The strange place called the county fair

A county fair is a strange occurrence, if you really think about it. If it was just Shearn Yoong and me, we would have let this week pass in normal fashion and no special trips to fields in the middle of nowhere. But it is not just Shearn Yoong and me. There are two small boys who absolute DELIGHT in the county fair. Benji asks about it every couple of months and looks forward to it all year long. Zac likely will follow in suit this year since he is more verbal now.

The county fair is one of those things, those things that seem to be increasing in number, that really would hold no interest whatsoever to us adults but suddenly holds immense interest because they give joy to our children. (Note: Touch-a-truck is another such event. I mean, touching trucks - totally doesn't do anything for me. Also parades with emergency vehicles. Okay, I'll stop, but you get the picture.)

Seeing animals in small stalls, riding rickety rides, and eating funnel cake never was so much fun ... until we had kids. Just another reason for all of our childless friends to get with the program!



Benji looks miserable but I swear he wasn't really. I included this picture of Zac since his smile was just so cute.



Who needs to go to Disney world (another place I would never voluntarily go unless under coercion from my kid) to ride in tea cups? Just head to the Washington County Fairgrounds.


This picture is not that great but perhaps you can see the sense of fun in the face of both Daddy and son's faces. Zac was too short to do bumper cars, even when accompanied by an adult, but we had fun watching from the sidelines.

No comments: