Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Shopping troubles

Last weekend I attempted a shopping trip (sans kids) in hopes of updating my wardrobe somewhat. Easier said than done. I remember in previous times when almost everything I tried on actually looked good. Now it seems to be a major endeavor to find one skirt that looks good on me. I eventually found one at T.J. Maxx ... but not after looking extensively at several other stores first. I was also looking for some of the longer shorts (I don't know the proper name, I'll have to ask my fashionista friend Linda). No luck there. Everything is low-rise. I used to love low-rise. Now, with a 2nd baby flabby belly (despite being back to pre-pregnancy weight), the belly over the waistband look is just not working for me. I'm sad to discover that Gap is almost 100% low-rise since that is my favorite store lately. All that to say... I will need to make another mall trip sometime soon. Hopefully I'll have more luck next time.

No comments: