Tuesday, May 22, 2007

The things we do for our children

I am abstaining from dairy AND chocolate AND peanuts for three weeks - beginning today. Okay, peanuts are no big deal. I like a peanut butter and jelly sandwich every once in awhile, but I am completely fine with going without for 3 weeks. However, dairy (read: ice cream) and chocolate are a different matter.

If the goal was personal weight loss, this would never happen - despite how huge I was. I just couldn't have the self-control. But the goal is to see if something I'm eating is contributing to poor Zachary's eczema. We met with a homeopath doctor yesterday, and she recommended dropping those 3 food groups from my diet for 3 weeks to see what happens to his cheeks.

The things we do for our children. And oh yes, Zachary will be hearing about this when he is an adult and pigging out on an ice cream sundae topped with chocolate syrup.

1 comment:

~cjoy said...

Ah, I can relate. If I'd only been so wise as to realize my daughter's diaper rashes were due to my dairy and egg intake earlier rather than later. Live and learn.

I've also also gone without sugar and flour before in an effort to get rid of migraines which didn't work, but I did lose weight with that proces. Chocolate is what drew me back. I had a total breakdown needing it after 6 weeks. :) And haven't quite since. ha!