Sunday, April 13, 2008

Car trips are from hell

Or otherwise known as, we drove 5 hours each way to and from Dallas with two young boys in one small car.

The actual visit in Dallas was lovely. And the trip there was pretty good. But the trip home was not.

We enjoyed seeing you Paul and Linda - but don't expect us back for another year or so to allow ample time to recover from the car trip home.

How I wish we were rich enough to fly EVERYWHERE. I know that the plane trip from XNA to Dallas is 55 minutes. 55 minutes vs. 5 hours --- no comparison; oh, expect a couple hundred bucks.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

really... we were wanting to try on Nathan to go somewhere. But based on his record so far, I wouldn't even dare to try more than an hour. I also afraid to travel back to China & M'sia next year. By the way, happy birthday!

Unknown said...

maybe a mini van might help :-)

SummerSky said...

I'm so sorry to hear it! Do you think maybe the boys weren't tired enough for nap, or maybe to sick and not feeling well? I'll be sending you the pictures soon.

Laurel said...

Added note: it was only Zac who was a problem in the car; to give credit where credit is due - Benji is an EXCELLENT car rider (and has been since birth). I guess that trait is not hereditary because his brother is the exact opposite!