Sunday, October 05, 2008

CD Player troubles?

We've been having issues with our CD player in the Civic off and on for a while now where the CD just won't eject. Lately, we can't even insert a disc nor play the CD. The kids ended up having to listen to NPR or Family Life or whatever Laurel may be in the mood for. Not too shabby in my opinion, but Laurel finally said that she would like the player fixed or replaced. I finally was able to carve out some time this afternoon to see what's up with the player. As soon as I slid it out of its bracket and turned it face down to unplug the connectors, I heard some metallic clinking sound coming from the inside. Uh-oh, this can't possibly be good, I thought. In my mind, I was thinking this is so bad I probably need to replace it. So took it into the house to open it up. I told Laurel, "Listen to this". Her first reaction was that it sounded like coins inside. Coins??!! Who would........ Why would..... nevermind..... In this household, that *could* and *would* be a possibility. I opened the top panel up and sure enough, a quarter was peeking at me from underneath. In fact, I dug up two other quarters in there.


Good news is, we didn't have to spend money to buy a new one. In fact, our CD player just GAVE us 75 cents to spend. Can't beat that! Now if only there's some $100 bills in there somewhere....

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain! We had this problem with our old Explorer..only the coins had to stay in the cd player because you had to have a special tool (conveniently located at the Ford dealership) to pull the player out. That was time and money we didn't have..We went about a year and a half without a cd player!

Laurel said...

a year and a half - yikes! Our CD was not the manufacture's CD player (the previous owner had put it in themselves) so I guess that was why it was easy to get out.

Anonymous said...

Looks like the phrase "Like father like son" is true!! Ask Shearn what he did with ma and pa's old Fiat when he was 5-6 years old.

Shearn said...

Hey now, that's not fair! I was merely helping Pa out maintaining the car. I just didn't know there are more than one place for liquids to be put in!

For those who don't know, I pretty much put water into the radiator, which turned out to be the gas tank instead! Oops...

Anonymous said...

Maybe the boys think that your CD player is a jukebox :p