Sunday, October 12, 2008

Deer hunting

We saw a car today with a deer strapped onto the top. We couldn't tell if the deer was killed from hunting or from a car accident. But whatever the cause, this gave Benji the idea for him to get his gun (which he has none) and go kill some deer to eat the meat. Here's what my 3 guys are doing in the back yard right now.


Now, I'm not against hunting. I know that I have friends whose husbands hunt. That's fine. However, I have to say that I'm glad that my husband doesn't. But it appears that our sons might coerce him to start - at least with bats.

And why am I sitting inside here at the computer? I told them that hunting is a "boy thing." This is my way of getting out of anything I don't want to do. I works quite well. Shearn Yoong did point out that Sarah Palin, the famous moose hunter, would not have approved of my answer. Too bad. :)

2 comments:

~cjoy said...

Ha! I used that excuse for a while, too...now I have a girl who wants to play and you know what? I still don't dig it all. We colored some today, and that was nice. But when Baby J woke up, the crayons had to be moved off the floor (because, of course, coloring is best on your belly). :)

Anonymous said...

Love the picture! Ava always asks if we're going to take the guns camping...David has some but hasn't hunted in recent years. We usually just settle for pocket knives when camping ;)